Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Snapshots: Amanda Lilleston

Snapshots: Amanda Lilleston from UM Art & Design on Vimeo.



A profile featuring the work of Amanda Lilleston.

"I am interested in understanding the vulnerability and strength of the human body. In much of my work, I investigated the inner workings of our anatomy. This exploration began by watching surgeries, researching physiology, and assisting in dissections. I used these methods to investigate, first-hand, the components that make us human. My primary medium is woodblock printmaking. I cut the woodblock surface by peeling, digging, and scraping, recording each stage of carving by inking the block and printing. I use multiples, collage, and chine-collé to transform my prints into new forms. I think of these as human parts: susceptible to gravity, discomfort and decay. The form on the paper becomes saturated and heavy, and over time structures develop, details accumulate, and layers fuse. While my imagery is grounded in reality, exaggeration and abstraction of shape, form, and color create new structures and spaces."

Credits:
Opening Animation by Grace Berry
Video by Reed Esslinger Payet
Music by Delmo
delmo / CC BY 2.5

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ulamonge Blog Search