Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Parkour Poetry in Motion 2


POETRY IN MOTION 2 - Sam Parham

Sometimes... in a stolen moment of stillness, a breath of escape from the chaos of life, I find a space...a place...to hit pause ... contemplate... reflect and dream.
"Where am I going....? How do I get there.....?" In these moments I realise it is not the destination that is important or even the route I take... but the journey itself.
Journeys present challenges... physical and mental. My Strength is tested ...in both body and mind. Physically I am prepared. Fear must be conquered, doubt erased, with Focus locked in.
I don't buy into "a journey of discovery". You don't find out "who" you are; you are who you want to be. It's about choice. The choices we make, determine the life we lead.
With my body & Mind, I have all the tools I could ever require. To not use what I have been given would be the biggest tragedy of all.
My surroundings are my inspiration. My body is the tool for my Art; movement my medium.

Everyone has a story to tell. I illustrate mine with shifts in position, posture and speed. My actions describe my feelings. My mood dictates the style, the orientation and finesse.

Within my movement, there is purpose. Not confined by physical constraints like walls or stair wells... Place obstacles in my way, and I will simply adapt and overcome them

And so this is how I choose to express myself.

Leaping from Concrete to Rail, no wall is too high to climb.

With every fiber of my being poised, my muscles detonate through every movement. No half measures; no holding back. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Acceleration into launch, taking flight, pounding brick and stone, core bracing, impacting to land once more on solid ground; consuming every quantum of energy I have
With a deep breath, I prime my senses and once again time stands still.
From roof top to roof top, im on top of the world.
The adrenaline-fuelled elation that surges within is addictive. It's what keeps me hooked, keeps me training, and keeps me constantly striving towards greater heights.
Once again, I find myself in territory familiar, yet subtle differences alert my receptors, momentarily casting doubt and arousing fear.
The jumps may alter in appearance but, beyond the surface, they are just as those I have faced- and conquered- before.
My lines are carefully learnt; in my head I've blocked my moves. The preparation is all. Fail to prepare-prepare to fail.
Foundations must be solid and grounded deep.

My objective? To be strong. To be useful. To be free and to the best I can be.
I aspire to achieve. I dream to feel wholly alive and in my actions, show those who doubt I have the means to follow the path of happiness and success.
With my mind and physique aligned. My lens of perception cleansed, there is no wall too high, and no gap to vast.
The world is mine.

This is real; this is now. There is no dress rehearsal, or technical run through.

No excuses. This moment exists but only for now and I must grasp it.
Whether physical or mental, a challenge is just that... a challenge... and as each is conquered I focus on the next..... yes....Movement is my medium.
I've no desire to be the best. I don't believe there is such a thing. But instead I strive to be the best I can be! To see how far I can take this body. To see what incredible feats it can accomplish. With my mind and physique both aligned, my lens of perception cleansed.
There is no wall too high, no gap too vast. The world is mine.

Things may not always go my way, but that is why we fall, so we can learn to pick ourselves up. Afterall, "everything will be alright in the end... and if it is not alright, then it is not yet the end..."

Companions join us.....some for a season.... some for a reason and others never leaving. All colouring our experience...
And if the destination is happiness, then doing what I love... sharing it with those I love...has put me there already.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ulamonge Blog Search